Welcome to the David B. Falk College of Sport and Human Dynamics
A message from the dean
First, I would like to extend the warmest of welcomes to the Class of 2017. We are pleased that you have decided to call the David B. Falk College of Sport and Human Dynamics, and Syracuse University, your home away from home these next few years.
I would also like to welcome back our returning students. I am hopeful this coming academic year is an exciting and adventurous continuation of your academic exploration on this campus and in our community.
The Fall 2013 semester marks the start of my tenth year as the dean of the David B. Falk College of Sport and Human Dynamics. It is a great time to be a part of this amazing place. We are looking at ways to expand our majors and degree offerings. In our efforts to provide our students with the best possible educational experiences both inside and outside of the classroom, it is our pleasure to welcome these new faculty members this fall, including:
- Colleen Baish, Professor of Practice, Department of Child & Family Studies
- Gao Fei, Research Scholar, Department of Sport Management
- Lisa Olson-Gugerty, Instructor, Department of Public Health, Food Studies & Nutrition
- David Larsen, Assistant Professor, Department of Public Health, Food Studies & Nutrition
- Kendra DeLoach McCutcheon, Assistant Professor, School of Social Work
- Yvonne Smith, Assistant Professor, School of Social Work
- Matthew Spitzmueller, Assistant Professor, School of Social Work
We are committed to developing our students as leaders and good global citizens who don’t simply solve problems but whose life mission is to find a better way to answer the needs of our society. As dean, I couldn’t be more excited about the work we are doing in the David B. Falk College of Sport and Human Dynamics and our opportunity to partner with all students to help them make the most of their SU experiences.
That our students have selected Syracuse University and the David B. Falk College of Sport and Human Dynamics is an honor and a privilege we take very seriously. I look forward to working with our faculty, staff and students in the coming year as we all continue making this College one of the most inspiring and innovative entities on the SU campus.
Diane Lyden Murphy