In the Fall of 2012, Coolhart was appointed assistant professor after serving as an adjunct instructor in the department since 2008. She has designed and taught graduate courses and supervised the clinical work of master’s students in the Couple and Family Therapy Center. Under her leadership, a Transgender Treatment Team was created and continues to provide services in the Central New York community. Gangamma also joined Falk College as assistant professor in 2012. her areas of research inquiry include family relationships and mental health of refugees resettled in the U.S., application of contextual therapy theory in clinical practice and research, and therapeutic processes in family systems therapy.
Falk College also congratulates 2018 Faculty of the Year recognized for excellence in the following areas:
Excellence in Research – David Larsen, Public Health
Excellence in Service – Dyane Watson, Marriage & Family Therapy
Excellence in Teaching – Margaret Voss, Nutrition
Falk College also announced the retirements of the following members of the faculty:
- Joseph Fanelli, Human Development & Family Science
- Renie Kehres, Human Development & Family Science
- Teresa MacDonald, Human Development & Family Science and Sport Management
- Bette Thoreck, Social Work
- Daria Webber, Human Development & Family Science/Bernice M. Wright Laboratory School
Congratulations and best wishes!