Welcome to Syracuse University, Class of 2021, new transfer and graduate students! We are so happy you’ve joined the Orange family, as well as our family here at Falk College. Although this is a big campus, know that we’re here to help you get settled. As you get to know your professors, roommates, and the campus community, we know you’ll feel right at home here.
Syracuse Welcome 2017 will take place August 24-27, 2017. Here’s a quick look at the events you don’t want to miss:
- International Student Orientation – August 20-21 (Session 1) or August 21-22 (Session 2)
- New Student Move-in Days – Tuesday, August 22 through Thursday, August 24
- Orientation Dates – Thursday, August 24 through Sunday, August 27
- Classes Begin – Monday, August 28
Specific to Falk College, join us for:
- New Student Convocation for new students and families- Thursday, August 24, 5:30 p.m., Carrier Dome
- Dean’s Reception for new students and families – Friday, August 25, 10:00-11:00 a.m., Grant Auditorium
- Dean’s Welcome Meeting for new students – Friday, August 25, 1:00-1:30 p.m., Grant Auditorium
- Department Meetings – Friday, August 25, 1:45 – 3:00 p.m., immediately following the Dean’s Welcome to New Students
New graduate students should visit the graduate school website and check out the calendar of events specifically for graduate students. In addition, new international students can find helpful information by visiting the international students website.
In addition, the Student Involvement Fair will be held Wednesday, September 6, 2017 on the Quad from 11:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (rain location: Goldstein Auditorium in the Schine Student Center). With more than 300 student organizations on campus, we are confident you’ll find something that fits your interests.
The 2017 Syracuse Welcome Guide contains the complete schedule for Syracuse Welcome 2017 and other important information about your arrival at Syracuse University.
You can also download the Syracuse Welcome 2017 Guide through the SU Guides mobile app. The app is compatible with iPhones, iPads, iPod Touches and Android devices. Search for ‘Syracuse University Guides’ in the app store or have the download link sent to you via text message.
Check your Syracuse email account on a regular basis so you do not miss important communications from the University.
In addition, you may wish to connect with the Office of First-Year & Transfer Programs at Syracuse University @SUFYTP on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Many Syracuse University offices, schools, colleges, academic programs, clubs and more are on social media, as well. It’s a great way to discover all that’s happening on campus. Visit the Social Media Directory.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact the Falk College Office of Student Services at (315) 443-3144 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Suite 300, MacNaughton Hall in the Falk Complex. Once again, welcome to Falk.