Academic Forms for the Department of Public Health, Food Studies and Nutrition are available at the David B. Falk College of Sport and Human Dynamics, Office of Student Services, 300 MacNaughton Hall.
Students are responsible for obtaining all required signatures and for allowing adequate time for processing. All academic forms requiring faculty signature, must be to the office administrator in suite 344 or suite 444 White Hall for processing. Students are reminded to not wait until the last minute to have forms signed, as faculty may not be available. Deadlines for filing academic forms can be found on the Academic Calendar.
Public Health Forms, Handbooks and Information
- Undergraduate Student Handbook
- Graduate Student Handbook
- PHP 422 – Student Internship Handbook
- PHP 422 – Internship Application
- Declaration of Concentration
- List of Global Diversity Courses
- Syracuse University Pre-Health Advising
- Prerequisites for Health Professions Schools (medical, Dental, Physician Assistant, etc.)
Join Our Program
Declaration of Major: Undeclared Falk College Students and Intra-University Transfer Students
- Students with a CUM GPA 2.7 or higher, in good academic standing at the university and with interest in public health are considered for transfer to the major.
- Students with CUM GPAs of 2.5 – 2.69 will be considered based on factors influencing the GPA and grades of B or better earned in public health courses previously completed.
- Students must have completed a minimum of 12 credit hours at Syracuse University.
- In order to complete the public health degree requirements within a 4-year plan of study, students must have a minimum of 4 remaining semesters of study.
- An appointment must be made with the Undergraduate Program Director to discuss the major and to outline a plan for degree completion. To make an appointment, contact Dr. Thompson, the undergraduate program director via email: email@example.com.
Consideration will be given to all students who meet the above criteria. However, acceptance into the Public Health major can only be granted on a space-available basis.