Syracuse University’s 2020 Commencement exercises will be held on the fabled Shaw Quadrangle. For our students graduating in 2020 and their families, this means they will experience a milestone one-of-a-kind ceremony.
On any fall or spring day, the Quad is abuzz with energy and activity. For decades, it has served as the heartbeat of our community, and on May 10, 2020, the energy will be more palpable than ever.
Commencement on the Quad ’20 Fast Facts:
- Prospective graduates will begin receiving communications on October 1
- No ticketing and unlimited seating
- Live stream to multiple auditoriums for guests who wish to observe indoors
- Senior farewell/ Dome closing event in the spring semester*
- Detailed weather plan in place
|Date:||Sunday, May 10, 2020|
|Time:||9:30am – 12:00pm|
Prepare for Graduation
If you are you planning to walk this May watch your email. You’ll be notified of when to:
- File the mandatory Diploma Request Form through MySlice
- Pick up your cap and gown
- Attend the Falk College Senior Meeting
Will you have family and friends in town for graduation weekend? If so, don’t wait! Now is the time!
- Make travel reservations
- Ensure that they have lodging
- Make dinner reservations
- Be sure they are clear on the dates and times when they’ll be part of your celebration
- Share the link to commencement.syr.edu for more information
Cap & Gown
Please visit Syracuse University’s Commencement website for information specific to caps and gowns. In almost every case, the answers to any question you have specific to that weekend, can be found in the Commencement website. This should always be your first source for answers.
The SU Bookstore also coordinates all aspects of your regalia and will be very helpful in addressing any questions that you might have.
At the request of the Falk College, we are using the Citron (maize yellow) tassel for all Falk bachelors and the Citron velvet for all masters. Any PhD’s would use the Royal PhD velvet on their hood.
This event was first published on September 20th, 2019 and last updated on September 23rd, 2019.
- Main Campus
- Open to
Parents and Families
Students, Graduate and Professional
- Office of the Chancellor
- Special Events
(315) 443- 4631
- Communication Access Real-time Translation (CART) .
- Contact Special Events to request accommodations