George DranitsariB.Sc.Phm., MSc, Ph.D., CPH, FCSHP
George Dranitsaris has a courtesy appointment as Research Professor in the Falk College Department of Public Health. He is a health outcomes research scientist with graduate training in biostatistics, health economics, decision analysis and clinical epidemiology. His areas of research interest include real world evidence generation, health technology assessment, patient reported outcomes, and the design of prospective trials for the evaluation of pharmaceuticals. He has over 150 publications in the national and international literature, is past president of the Canadian Association of Pharmacy in Oncology, a statistical reviewer for the Journal of Clinical Oncology and a member of the editorial board of Oncogene, Pharmacoeconomics-Open and the Journal of Oncology Pharmacy Practice.
Ph.D. Faculty of Health Sciences, Nelson Mandela University, South Africa
FCSHP, Fellow, Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacis
Public Health Certification, Department of Community Health, University of Toronto, Canada
MSc, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto, Canada
B.Sc.Pharm, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto, Canada
His areas of interest include clinical trial design, the application of statistical modeling techniques to evaluate drug performance outside of the trial setting, the measurement of cost effective drug use and cancer supportive care research.
- Alzahrani, M. J., Dranitsaris, G., Sienkiewicz, M., Vandermeer, L., & Clemons, M. (2021). Clinical utility of a prediction tool to differentiate between breast cancer patients at high or low risk of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting. Supportive Care in Cancer, 1-7.
- Chiarotto, J. A., & Dranitsaris, G. (2021). A Community Hospital-Based Study: A Prespecified Neutrophil Count with Adjuvant mFOLFOX6 Associated with Increased Delays, Increased G-CSF Use, and Reduced Dose Intensity. Cancer Management and Research, 13, 4087.
- Pasic, I., Alanazi, W., Dranitsaris, G., Lieberman, L., Viswabandya, A., Kim, D. D. H., ... & Michelis, F. V. (2021). Subcutaneous immunoglobulin in allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplant patients: A prospective study of feasibility, safety, and healthcare resource use. Hematology/Oncology and Stem Cell Therapy.
- Ryan P, McBride A, Ray D, Dranitsaris G. Lanreotide vs octreotide LAR for patients with advanced gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumors: An observational time and motion analysis. J Oncol Pharm Pract 2019;25:1425-1433. Corresponding and senior author
- Gibson EJ, Begum N, Koblbauer I, Dranitsaris G, Liew D, McEwan P. Cohort versus patient level simulation for the economic evaluation of single versus combination immuno-oncology therapies in metastatic melanoma. J Med Econ 2019 Jun;22(6):531-544. Co-author
- Dranitsaris G, Shane LG, Woodruff S. Low-molecular-weight heparins for the prevention of recurrent venous thromboembolism in patients with cancer: A systematic literature review of efficacy and cost-effectiveness. J Oncol Pharm Pract2019;25:68-75. Corresponding and senior author
- Edwards S, Abbott R, Dranitsaris G. Patient monitoring programs in oncology pharmacy practice: A survey of oncology pharmacists in Atlantic Canada. J Oncol Pharm Pract 2019;25:891-895. Corresponding and senior author