Falk College Office of Student Services
The Office of Student Services strives to provide a caring, comfortable and confidential environment where students can discuss academic, social and/or emotional concerns. In addition, we provide advising for first-year and undeclared students and track all requirements for degree completion.
Our department uses a strength-based advising and counseling approach when working with students. We listen to concerns, identify your strengths and challenges and work towards positive solutions. We like to take a proactive (rather than reactive) approach to situations, both academic and personal. We prefer to see students when their concerns first arise and work on solutions before a crisis occurs or things are “too far gone” to make an impact in the semester.
General Support Services
Typical issues that students talk to us about are:
- Concerns with classes/grades
- Time management (fitting everything in and developing a balanced schedule for school and social)
- Study and learning strategies
- Learning disabilities (whether already diagnosed or suspected)
- Relationship issues (roommates, friendships, romantic and parental)
- Depression and anxiety
- Drug and alcohol issues
- Sexual and gender orientation issues
- Connecting and making friends on campus
- Lifestyle concerns (sleeping, eating, developing routines, etc.)
- Health issues (personal and/or family)
We also collaborate with other resources on campus and may connect you to them if it would be helpful for your particular concerns.