From October 27 to October 30, Falk College Career Services will guide 20 Falk students through tours of 8-10 Washington, D.C. and Baltimore, MD employers, and host 3 evening events aimed at introducing students to Syracuse University resources and alumni in the National Capital Region.
Falk College will cover most student expenses, including transportation, hotel, employer visits, and most meals. However, upon selection, students are required to provide a $100 non-refundable deposit, and should expect to pay for 2-4 meals out of pocket.
This trip is open to all Falk students, but given its focus on career exploration, priority will be given to sophomores and juniors. Employer visits will focus on the following career areas: Health and Human Services, Research and Policy, Federal and Non-Profit, and sustainable global agriculture. An up to date list of confirmed employer site visits is available on the Handshake event page.
Again, all interested students are encouraged to apply! However, submitting the application does not guarantee selection. The application deadline is September 25, 2019.
Along with Career Services staff, students will:
- Explore 8-10 different organizations and businesses within the fields of: Food Studies, Human Development & Family Science, Nutrition, Public Health and Social Work
- Learn the day to day work flow of various positions, ranging from policy to direct service
- Meet alumni in various fields of interest, hearing what experiences best prepared them for their current role
Sunday, October 27
- Travel to Washington, D.C.
- Info session at Syracuse University’s Greenberg House
Monday, October 28
- Employer site visits
- Alumni hosted dinners
Tuesday, October 29
- Employer Site Visits
- D.C. area Alumni networking event
Wednesday, October 30
- Employer site visits in Baltimore, MD
- Return to campus
Info Sessions: Falk 335, White Hall
Students are expected to attend one of the following information sessions in order to be considered.
Wednesday, September 4th, 4:00-5:00pm
Thursday, September 5th, 4:00-5:00pm
Students accepted to the trip will also need to attend two prep sessions prior to the trip (dates to be announced).