At Syracuse University, we’ve been planning new ways to help you prepare for your job search and connect with employers virtually. This fall, we are excited to partner with Handshake to run our annual university Fall Career and Internship Fair in a virtual format.
Career fairs are a great way to get a leg up with companies that interest you. A virtual format will enhance the experience, allowing you to:
- Meet with employers. Interact with recruiters through video, audio, or chat.
- Discover new career opportunities. Get personalized recommendations based on your Handshake profile for which employers to connect with.
- Never wait in line, ever. Pre-schedule 1:1 or group sessions with employers you’re interested in, or join an open session on the day-of.
- Make an impression. Bring your unique perspective, ask great questions, and follow up with recruiters after the fair.
Over the coming weeks, we’ll follow up with more information on registration and how to use Handshake to navigate a virtual career fair. In the meantime, check out Handshake’s Get Hired Remotely Series for more resources on conducting a virtual job search. We look forward to working with you this fall!
This event was first published on August 19th, 2020 and last updated on September 1st, 2020.
- Career Development
- Career Fair
- Open to
- Students, Graduate and Professional
- Syracuse University Career Services
- Dan McSweeney
- Contact Dan McSweeney to request accommodations