To be a forum for in-depth and thoughtful dialogue, responsive to the needs of all stakeholders as a means of striving for excellence in field education.
- Create a feedback loop between the School, community agencies, faculty and students to enhance integration of field education and classroom instruction.
- Assist in identification of the learning needs of field instructors to maintain quality field education consistent with CSWE standards.
- Be involved in recruitment of new field placement sites.
- Provide input and support in developing field instructor training and resources.
- Examine trends in field education that address current practice methods and issues for service delivery.
The Field Advisory Committee (FAC) membership is comprised of:
- Director of Field Education, will serve as chair of the committee
- Director of the School of Social Work
- MSW Director
- BSSW Director
- Internship Coordinators
- Non administrative Faculty: two members
- Students: minimum of three members representing each level in the program, BSSW, MSW foundation, MSW concentration.
- all student representatives must be in good academic standing
- serve one- or two-year terms dependent on the students level
- must have a recommendation from their academic advisor or field liaison.
- Community members: eight to ten representatives either, from area agencies, active field instructors or other stakeholders.
Community members are chosen based on interest and commitment. They represent a broad range of agency settings, diverse populations served and public and private agencies. Interested persons may apply to the chair of the FAC.
Committee Member Responsibilities
- The committee will meet every other month during the calendar year.
- Member attendance and participation are expected at each meeting. If a member is unable to attend, they must contact the Social Work Office Coordinator prior to the meeting.
- Members may be asked to serve on ad hoc committees for special projects, which will be assembled as needed.
- Members are expected to weigh all new ideas, opinions, trends from the community and offer insight and recommendations to the Office of Field Instruction.
- Agency representatives are expected to serve three (3) year terms. Members approaching their term limit may submit a written request to the committee chairperson for an extension of the 3-year term.
- Individuals having served two terms in a row may again serve as a member after a one (1) year period.