Transfer Credit Information for Falk College Students
Students can petition to have courses taken elsewhere pre-approved to fulfill requirements for their SU degree by doing the following based on the information below:
- Students and/or their Academic Advisors should first check the TES (Transfer Equivalency System – please see description below) to determine if the course they wish to take at a particular college is listed (or to get ideas about where to take courses).
- If it is, they do not need to do any approval paperwork for the course. However, an official transcript must be sent to the College Recorders, (330 Barclay Hall, Syracuse, NY, 13244) in order for the credits to transfer to SU.
- If the course is not listed students must obtain a petition for transfer credits (PDF) or at 330 Barclay Hall (one petition per course).
- Student and Academic Advisor fill out the form and submit it with a course description to department chair for approval signature.
- Student submits form and course descriptions to Student Services Office in 330 Barclay Hall for Dean’s signature.
- When the course is completed the student must have an unopened, official transcript mailed or hand delivered to the College Recorder in 330 Barclay Hall (electronic transcripts sent directly from the college/university where the course was taken will also be considered if they are determined to be valid by the College Recorders).
The following conditions must exist in order for the credits to transfer:
- The institution must be an accredited institution.
- The student must receive a grade of C or better.
- Unopened, official transcripts must be mailed or hand delivered (or delivered electronically per above) to 330 Barclay Hall for processing.
- No more than 66 credits can be taken at a two-year institution.
- Any upper division courses must be completed at a four-year institution.
Note: Grades for transfer courses have no impact on a student’s grade point average. Only credits transfer.