Transfer Credit Information for Falk College Students
Students can petition to have pre-approved courses taken at another college or university to fulfill requirements for their SU degree.
- Students and/or their Academic Advisors should first check the TES (Transfer Equivalency System – please see description below) to determine if the course they wish to take at a particular college is listed (or to get ideas about where to take courses).
- Courses listed within the TES do not require approval paperwork for the course. However, an official transcript must be sent to the College Recorders, (330 Barclay Hall, Syracuse, NY, 13244) in order for the credits to transfer to SU once the course is completed.
- If the course is not listed students must obtain a petition for transfer credits (PDF)(one petition per course).
- Student and Academic Advisor complete the form and submit it with a course description to department chair for approval signature.
- Student submits form and course descriptions to email@example.com for Dean’s review.
- When the course is completed, the student must have an official transcript sent to the College Recorder in 330 Barclay Hall or emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
The following conditions must exist in order for the credits to transfer:
- The institution must be an accredited institution.
- The student must receive a grade of C or better.
- Unopened, official transcripts must be mailed or hand delivered (or delivered electronically to email@example.com) to 330 Barclay Hall for processing.
- No more than 66 credits can be taken at a two-year institution.
- Any upper division courses must be completed at a four-year institution.
Note: Grades for transfer courses have no impact on a student’s grade point average. Only credits transfer.