Faculty and Supervisor Demographics
Analysis of the SUMFT faculty demographics indicates that SUMFT faculty composition is diverse across the spectrum of race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, gender and sexual identification, and socioeconomic status. The age range of faculty is from 30 to over 60; faculty identify with different ethnic/racial groups; faculty identify with different religious orientations; there are male, female, gender queer and LGBTQ faculty in the department.
Core Faculty (Total = 8 responses out of 8)
- 88 % White/Caucasian; 12% South Asian
- 50% Christian; the rest identify as Agnostic, Atheist, and Other
- 75% Cisgender female; 12% Cisgender male, 12% Transman
- 38% Identify as belonging to LBGTQ communities
- Predominantly identify as Middle SES
Site Supervisors (Total = 7 responses out of 13)
Of the site supervisors who responded to the survey, most identified as Cisgender female, White/Caucasian, and Christian.
Masters Students Demographics
The SUMFT masters student composition is also diverse across the spectrum of race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, gender and sexual identification, and socioeconomic status. Based on analysis of survey data, in the last five years, 61% of our students were from New York State and the rest were from 24 different states and nine different countries include China, Jamaica, Taiwan, and South Korea. They have varied academic backgrounds and clinical interests at the time of admission.
Student demographics: (Total = 17 responses out of 27)
- 65% White/Caucasian, 18% black, 12% Asian, Others identified as African and Multiracial
- 24% Christian, and others identified as Jewish, Buddhist, Agnostic, No religion, or preferred not to say
- 74% Cisgender female; 18% Cisgender male; 12% non-binary
- 18% identified as having a disability