All academic forms for Social Work are available through Falk College Student Services. Students are responsible for obtaining all required signatures and for allowing adequate time for processing. All forms must be completed per the academic deadlines. Deadlines for filing academic forms can be found on the Academic Calendar.

Social Work Information, Handbooks, and Forms

CSWE Educational Outcomes

View Educational Outcomes

BSSW Program

BSSW Student Handbook
Our Articulation Agreement with Onondaga Community College

MSW Program

MSW Student Advising Form
MSW Student Handbook

Field Education

School of Social Work Field Instruction Manual
Field Instruction Forms and Information

Additional Resources

Film – Working for Social Justice: The Ethics & Core Values of Social Work
Loan forgiveness program information
Licensure Forms and Information

Is Social Work for You? Join Our Program.

Social Work, BSSW, Intra-University Transfer (IUT) Process

Declaration of Major for Undeclared Falk College Students and Intra-University Transfer Students:

The deadlines for applying is November 15 (Spring Entry) and April 15 (Fall Entry). Students who meet the following criteria will be considered (on a space available basis) for intra- university transfer and/or declaration of major in social work:

  1. Students with a cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher, who are in good standing at the university and who have expressed an interest in pursuing the social work profession will be considered for transfer to the major

    Students with cumulative GPAs of 2.5 – 2.79 will be considered based on factors influencing the GPA and grades of B or better in social work courses previously completed.

  2. Students must have completed a minimum of 12 credit hours at Syracuse University.
  3. Students must have a minimum of four (4) semesters of study remaining at the university to complete the social work degree within a four-year time frame.
  4. Students must complete and submit an SWK Intra-University Transfer Interest Form
  5. After submission of the interest form, students will be contacted to schedule a meeting with the Baccalaureate Social Work (BSSW) Program Director to discuss their interest in the major and to develop a plan for degree completion prior to being formally accepted.

Declaration of Social Justice Minor:

Students pursuing majors in other areas of study may choose a social justice minor. The minor program requires the completion of 18 credits. To declare a social justice minor:

  1. Students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
  2. Submit Declaration of Minor to the social justice minor program coordinator, their faculty advisors, and the dean’s office of their home colleges.
  3. Submit a and a Social Justice Minor Interest form to the SWK office coordinator
  4. A limit of 3 transfer credits may be applied with permission.