Robert P. Moreno, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Department Chair
Departments & Academic Units
426 Ostrom Avenue, Room 319
Syracuse, NY 13244
Phone: (315) 443-2513
- CFS335 Issues and Perspectives in Early Childhood Education
- CFS467 Child and Family in Cross-Cultural Perspectives
- CFS731 Research Seminar in Child & Family Studies II
Areas of Specialization
Child development, Latino families; parental
involvement; cross cultural issues; parenting
- Ph.D., Child and Adolescent Development, Stanford University(1995)
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles (1987)
Dr. Moreno's research interests focus primarily on the study of familial influences on children's learning and academic achievement. He is particularly interested in how cultural variations in early parental teaching styles impact children's learning. He is also interested in the role of the family in the education of young children, and how the family contributes to children's academic success or failure.