As independent researchers, faculty are responsible for the development of research grant proposals either individually or in collaboration with other faculty. The services provided by the Research Center and its staff are meant to assist and complement efforts, not substitute the work faculty do to develop grant submissions. Center staff can assist faculty with their preparation of grant submissions through work on the following activities:
- Assist faculty with literature searches and retrieval of research articles;
- Budget preparation;
- Identify statistical consultants to help with developing analysis plans;
- Review text of proposals for clarity, completeness, and satisfaction of the request for proposal requirements;
- Provide administrative support to faculty with completing research proposal forms required by the College, Office of Sponsored Programs, and funding agencies;
- Work with faculty to meet proposal submission deadlines required by the College, Office of Sponsored Programs, and funding agencies, and;
- Act as a liaison with the Office of Sponsored Programs for final submission of proposal applications.
The Proposal Submission Process:
Click on the image below to learn more about the steps in submitting a proposal through Falk College, and the assistance available from Research Center staff .