As the recipient of research grants and support, faculty are ultimately responsible for meeting the requirements of funding agencies re: carrying out a research plan and submission of reports.
The services provided by the Research Center and its staff are meant to assist and complement (not substitute) the work faculty do to meet post-award requirements. Center staff can assist faculty with their post-award needs through work on the following activities:
- Assist in collaboration with the Dean’s Office (budget staff) to troubleshoot problems with grant budgets-reconcile discrepancies, help with interpreting and implementing grants accounting rules;
- Keep track and provide administrative support to meet deadline submissions for IRB renewals, grant renewal timelines, interim and final report deadlines or other deliverables proposed in funded proposals;
- Review interim, final report or other deliverables for clarity, completeness, and ensuring the deliverables are consistent with what was proposed;
- Assist faculty to document and submit effort reports to the Office of Sponsored Programs, and;
- Provide administrative support to faculty for completing applications to SU’s Institutional Review Board (IRB).